Inclinometer?

BRAndrew

Reaction score
After driving the Bronco all day and using the inclination gages about a third the time, I don’t believe Ford will ship a Raptor without it.
Unfortunately I think you are right. I just hate how you have to turn off the option every time you start your vehicle!

Iceman

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The Jeep system is bad. My buddy has had nothing but trouble. The Ford system, if it is like my 150 Raptor is good. I leave it on most times. If you go into sport mode it does not work, and there is a button to turn it off. I hope the Braptor has the same system.
My wife has it on her Avaitor and it is so annoying. Especially when I forget to turn it off and the engine shuts off while it’s a million degrees out. The AC shuts down too. Here in the Az summer, 10 seconds without AC will cause heatstroke! 😜 🔥

Rick

Reaction score
The absolute worst! Cannot be good for longevity if the engine. BRap gonna have that?
Our Ranger has it and we’ve kinda gotten use to it. It seems to recognize A/C demand when outside temperature is high. That could just be my imagination but I haven’t been uncomfortable in Georgia yet. I’ll know for sure in a week.

BRAndrew

Reaction score
Our Ranger has it and we’ve kinda gotten use to it. It seems to recognize A/C demand when outside temperature is high. That could just be my imagination but I haven’t been uncomfortable in Georgia yet. I’ll know for sure in a week.
If there an option of turning it off on the Ranger?

Rick

Reaction score
If there an option of turning it off on the Ranger?
Yes, it has the standard auto stop button. We both Cut it off when first got the truck but now we don’t really pay much attention. At current price of gas it maybe a good thing. Time will tell.

BRAndrew

Reaction score
Yes, it has the standard auto stop button. We both Cut it off when first got the truck but now we don’t really pay much attention. At current price of gas it maybe a good thing. Time will tell.
Just seems like to me that it exerts more energy/power to stop and start back up. It maybe opposite what I’m thinking?

Rick

Reaction score
With the advancements in electrical components along with fuel injection technology it doesn’t take much to restart the engine. The battery has plenty available current for recharge. I’m not saying that I’m a fan auto stop start but it probably does save fuel without excessive wear on the starting system when compared to old carburetor engines. Those hot starts really put a load on the starter.

LuckyKnuckle36

Reaction score
Have the Inclinometer standard on my 22 F150 Raptor so I assume it will also be on the BRaptor. I agree with all the auto/start/stop hate. I ordered my F150 Raptor without it, glad they had that option...

jzweedyk

Reaction score
Just seems like to me that it exerts more energy/power to stop and start back up. It maybe opposite what I’m thinking?
What has been said on the Raptor forum is that if the engine is off for more than 8 seconds it saves fuel. Also when it shuts off it stops in a position for a quick start. The starter is supposedly made to handle this. Mine starts in the time my foot moves off the brake and hits the gas.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
What has been said on the Raptor forum is that if the engine is off for more than 8 seconds it saves fuel. Also when it shuts off it stops in a position for a quick start. The starter is supposedly made to handle this. Mine starts in the time my foot moves off the brake and hits the gas.

True, but its still annoying to me, especially when you want to take off quickly, there is that delay as well.

Sans Peur

Reaction score
My new 2022 BR has the incline gauge for both front and side tilt. The dash is settable so you can have different screens based on what you want. You can also keep a normal dash and have the incline show on the center display.

The auto stop is there also. However you can set up the vehicle any way you want (Sport mode, exhaust tune, auto stop turned off, dash display preference ,,,,) and hold in the Raptor button on the bottom of the steering wheel. It will save all settings and every time you get in the truck push the R button twice and it resets everything like you saved it. It's pretty cool, I get in hit the R button twice and am set up.
Haven't shown my wife yet. She doesn't need to know about it.