Hoping for the option of a 2 door Bronco Raptor? Most likely not going to happen (for now)

Iceman

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
4c3fb4f00fa4cd9f89ee6cdb88726d45.jpeg

With the release of the Bronco Raptor yesterday, all we have seen is photos and videos of 4 door BR's. There has been no mention of a 2 door and according to sources, they don't plan of shrinking the doors to 2.

The main reason behind this decision isn't because Ford doesn't want to produce 2 different options, but a 2 door would lack stability.

A Ford representative told us that one of the key reasons was for high-speed stability off-road. The four-door’s longer wheelbase helps it cope better with bumps and “whoop” sections of off-road trails. And since the Raptor is not just a crawler, where the two-door would have some advantages, the decision was made to use only the longer body style.

But, the stability (of the 4 door) also comes with its own issues. On the most brutal off-road trails, the 4 door Bronco Raptor's added length could easily increase the risk of high-centering the vehicle on obstacles. Plus, the added weight of the BR could become an issue during off-road runs, despite the powerful engine under the hood.

While Ford has changed Bronco offerings in response to customer feedback in the past, enthusiasts interested in a two-door Bronco may not be quite so lucky. Between the stability of the bigger truck and the desires of wealthier buyers, the Blue Oval is unlikely to give the same upgrades to the two-door.

Even though it seems like it's not going to happen anytime soon, I believe Ford will get enough feedback to produce a 2 door. Especially for the consumers that just want to has a Bronco Raptor for street only or light off road use.

LuckyKnuckle36

Reaction score
Agree, I don't believe they will make a 2 door Bronco Raptor due to high speed stability issues in the shorter wheelbase.

jzweedyk

Reaction score
392 Jeep is only available in 4 door. The Bronco's wheelbase is a couple of inches shorter than the Jeeps, combined with the 37" tires, it will be quite a bit better than the Jeep Rubicon. But I agree, a 2 door would be cool, although I have now come over to the 4 door side.

OP
OP
Iceman

Iceman

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
392 Jeep is only available in 4 door. The Bronco's wheelbase is a couple of inches shorter than the Jeeps, combined with the 37" tires, it will be quite a bit better than the Jeep Rubicon. But I agree, a 2 door would be cool, although I have now come over to the 4 door side.
I love the look of the 4 door. Not sure if the 2 door would look right. Having the 4 doors is just easier for access IMO

funkified

Reaction score
I love the look of the 4 door. Not sure if the 2 door would look right. Having the 4 doors is just easier for access IMO
Ya, it would be like a single cab Raptor, things would just look a bit funny being all squished onto a smaller body.