Who has a Bronco Raptor??

Iceman

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Would like to get a thread going of all the owners of the Bronco Raptor so we can see everyone's rides in one section. Would love to compare everyones!

Johnny Raptor

Reaction score
Would like to get a thread going of all the owners of the Bronco Raptor so we can see everyone's rides in one section. Would love to compare everyones!
Picked ours up in December. Love it so far!

97DECA00-1D6D-45DF-832E-8C39895EF8EF.jpeg

Johnny Raptor

Reaction score
Which one is considered yours of the 2?
:ROFLMAO:You, sir, are a wise man! Let's just say the Boss doesn't like driving the 2 door, but drives the Raptor most every time she needs to go somewhere....

She's also not a fan of the mods to the Raptor, but they're still happening. So far, it's got ProjectX spots, an AAL MASS platform on the rear deck, several Archetype Racing accessories, and an AAL fridge slide with an ARB Zero fridge.

Hoping to get time off this weekend to finish installing the Diabolic Inc. rear security enclosure, Baja LP4 ditch lights, Garmin Tread XL Baja Race GPS, and Yaesu FTM400 radio. Also ordering the Baja Designs fog pocket light kit and SwitchPros SP9100 kit from SDHQ today. If I've got time, I've got an ARB twin compressor mount from AGS that I'll have to modify to fit in the spare tire carrier, too.

Too much to do and not enough time.....

OP
OP
Iceman

Iceman

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
:ROFLMAO:You, sir, are a wise man! Let's just say the Boss doesn't like driving the 2 door, but drives the Raptor most every time she needs to go somewhere....

She's also not a fan of the mods to the Raptor, but they're still happening. So far, it's got ProjectX spots, an AAL MASS platform on the rear deck, several Archetype Racing accessories, and an AAL fridge slide with an ARB Zero fridge.

Hoping to get time off this weekend to finish installing the Diabolic Inc. rear security enclosure, Baja LP4 ditch lights, Garmin Tread XL Baja Race GPS, and Yaesu FTM400 radio. Also ordering the Baja Designs fog pocket light kit and SwitchPros SP9100 kit from SDHQ today. If I've got time, I've got an ARB twin compressor mount from AGS that I'll have to modify to fit in the spare tire carrier, too.

Too much to do and not enough time.....
Haha! I'm married, so I know how it all works! That's some serious mods. You have been doing it all yourself?

Johnny Raptor

Reaction score
Haha! I'm married, so I know how it all works! That's some serious mods. You have been doing it all yourself?
Yes sir! I've always installed my own stuff. Gives me the ability to adjust on the fly if I don't like the way something is going in. Only thing in recent years I haven't done myself is replace the motor in my Gen 1 Raptor. Had the old "dropped valve" at 190K and just didn't have the time to deal with it. I *did* install a JDM Whipple kit on it a few months after, though. FRF was invaluable for helping me decided what made the most sense. Been around that place for a long time, but don't post much.

OP
OP
Iceman

Iceman

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Yes sir! I've always installed my own stuff. Gives me the ability to adjust on the fly if I don't like the way something is going in. Only thing in recent years I haven't done myself is replace the motor in my Gen 1 Raptor. Had the old "dropped valve" at 190K and just didn't have the time to deal with it. I *did* install a JDM Whipple kit on it a few months after, though. FRF was invaluable for helping me decided what made the most sense. Been around that place for a long time, but don't post much.
Seriously that is such an awesome trade to have. I regret not getting accustom to hands on items like what you do with your trucks. I know just enough, but wish I knew more. FRF definitely has some great info there. Pretty much everything anyone would need really about all F-150 Raptors

Johnny Raptor

Reaction score
Thanks! I definitely have my limitations when it comes to things like complicated fab work, but it's always been hard for me to pay somebody to do something for me. Besides, working on old Broncos (and now new Broncos) is the only real hobby I've had for a lot of years now. Still don't have enough free time to do it all, but enjoy it when I can.

When it comes to mod'ing vehicles, most of it is pretty basic; it's really just changing parts and basic wiring. I bet you and a lot of others on these forums know (and are capable of) more than you realize. Just gotta be willing to try, make a few mistakes, and do it better the next time. It's never too late to learn, though!

OP
OP
Iceman

Iceman

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Thanks! I definitely have my limitations when it comes to things like complicated fab work, but it's always been hard for me to pay somebody to do something for me. Besides, working on old Broncos (and now new Broncos) is the only real hobby I've had for a lot of years now. Still don't have enough free time to do it all, but enjoy it when I can.

When it comes to mod'ing vehicles, most of it is pretty basic; it's really just changing parts and basic wiring. I bet you and a lot of others on these forums know (and are capable of) more than you realize. Just gotta be willing to try, make a few mistakes, and do it better the next time. It's never too late to learn, though!
100%! I think we see all the parts and details of doing mods or engine work, we feel overwhelmed. Instead just take it step by step (with directions of course!)

Hells Canyon

Reaction score
Took delivery in February, traded in my 21 Badlands Sasquatch. Absolutely love it. Loved my BL too, but the Raptor is a totally different animal. Only mods so far are Raptor vinyl decals like what was available in MY22 and swapping out the KO3’s for Toyo RT Trails.
E4D74F7C-F6F7-41CF-BE48-A0BA7DABAF2D.jpeg
9551430C-7103-42B6-9F2A-63E5C6C34AF2.jpeg

TX Braptor

Reaction score
Hi Hells, just picked up a Raptor on Thurs this week which I also traded in a 21’ Badlands SAS. Really loved that Bronco, but you are right, after seeing and driving the Raptor it’s def another level. Pics of both old and new below.

Those Toyo RT Trails are great tires!
I’m running them on my truck and love them!
31641BEF-6FCC-4FBC-9598-771CC360B53B.jpeg
27677C72-4280-4776-BBE4-AF2F83821A0D.jpeg
C96258D2-CC98-4DF1-B801-C8E9B5E59F7D.jpeg
253AC7DD-B193-4A7F-AE11-D53A824D7889.jpeg
C96258D2-CC98-4DF1-B801-C8E9B5E59F7D.jpeg
6E66144E-D005-40CD-AD09-BC8A20D02D7D.jpeg

TX Braptor

Reaction score
Thanks, they actually had a white one too, which like yours looks so clean and love the contrast of the black wheels, etc…

I think I mostly choose black b/c my Badlands was too and just felt right.

You have a great looking ride!

Hells Canyon

Reaction score
As do you. And I did the same thing. Almost went to eruption green, I saw one and it was really good looking in person, but I chickened out.

Johnny Raptor

Reaction score
My color choices in order were White, Blue, & Black. Blue was the only one available at the time, so I jumped on it, but both of the other colors are awesome!!

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Took delivery in February, traded in my 21 Badlands Sasquatch. Absolutely love it. Loved my BL too, but the Raptor is a totally different animal. Only mods so far are Raptor vinyl decals like what was available in MY22 and swapping out the KO3’s for Toyo RT Trails. View attachment 1983View attachment 1984

That Raptor text alone look pretty sick. I got mine with the digital dirt and honestly, I think yours looks better!