Golden Ticket Holders take up an allocation?

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
So do Golden Ticket holders orders take up an allocation from a dealer? I would think they wouldn't as they already had an order in for the normal Bronco. Am I wrong?

CVSJR

Golden Ticket Holder
Reaction score
It's separate from their own but they don't lose it if Golden Ticket holder declines. Only guideline is Ford "suggests" the dealer offer it to the next timestamp in line. So it belongs to the ticket holder if he wants it and comes to a price agreement.

MR88

Reaction score
It's separate from their own but they don't lose it if Golden Ticket holder declines. Only guideline is Ford "suggests" the dealer offer it to the next timestamp in line. So it belongs to the ticket holder if he wants it and comes to a price agreement.

So does that mean they dont take up a allocation?

CVSJR

Golden Ticket Holder
Reaction score
So does that mean they dont take up a allocation?
They are all allocations, but Ford decided to give the earliest reservations that have not been scheduled sort of a first right of refusal. That sale happens at the dealer you had your reservation at, if you don't want the Raptor you can just continue with your original order and the dealer should offer it to the next hand raiser that got turned down.
There are also allocations not attached to a reservation, only some dealers get these, probably some formula having to do with sales of vehicles.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
They are all allocations, but Ford decided to give the earliest reservations that have not been scheduled sort of a first right of refusal. That sale happens at the dealer you had your reservation at, if you don't want the Raptor you can just continue with your original order and the dealer should offer it to the next hand raiser that got turned down.
There are also allocations not attached to a reservation, only some dealers get these, probably some formula having to do with sales of vehicles.

Dang, I was hoping they got their own allocations and the dealer would give me their one they have. Well, we will see how this goes..

teeoster

Reaction score
I gave up my "Golden ticket" because the dealer wanted $30,000 over the sticker price. If it was a one-and-done run of these I might have considered it but I just cant see any perceived value paying $110k for one of these.

Iceman

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I gave up my "Golden ticket" because the dealer wanted $30,000 over the sticker price. If it was a one-and-done run of these I might have considered it but I just cant see any perceived value paying $110k for one of these.
That’s ridiculous man. Sorry to hear this. So many companies taking advantage of customers in all sorts of industries

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score

Totally understand. The issues with the Golden Tickets is you were stuck with the dealership you ordered your first bronco with, which I think is a bunch of bull. You should be able to go anywhere you like.

Extreme5

Reaction score
I did the same thing on my GT. My dealership did 24k over sticker. I tried negotiating and got them down to 21k, but that was the lowest they would go. So I told them to take me off the list. I'm sure they will find someone else to take the mark up price

Johnny Mo

Reaction score
Totally understand. The issues with the Golden Tickets is you were stuck with the dealership you ordered your first bronco with, which I think is a bunch of bull. You should be able to go anywhere you like.
I think the flaw in that logic is that the dealer got the # of units in their allocation based on their performance - whether it was a combo of all sales, bronco conversions, BS sales etc. So technically the allocation was still earned by the dealer - it just so happens that X number of early timestamps are part of their mix and that's how FORD designated who got a GT. At the end of the day - dealership performance had to have been the primary factor, which is why they get to sell to "another long time reservation holder" and not necessarily the next timestamp on the list. This unfortunately puts most of the leverage with the dealership. The more I hear these horror stories the more I appreciate what a great group of people I am dealing with here in NY. The funny thing is they were not even my first choice of dealer, I tried 4 other dealers first to negotiate a group pricing contract, the other 4 all laughed at me. This dealership I worked with is probably 3rd smallest of the 5 so not a big volume or big money area.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I think the flaw in that logic is that the dealer got the # of units in their allocation based on their performance - whether it was a combo of all sales, bronco conversions, BS sales etc. So technically the allocation was still earned by the dealer - it just so happens that X number of early timestamps are part of their mix and that's how FORD designated who got a GT. At the end of the day - dealership performance had to have been the primary factor, which is why they get to sell to "another long time reservation holder" and not necessarily the next timestamp on the list. This unfortunately puts most of the leverage with the dealership. The more I hear these horror stories the more I appreciate what a great group of people I am dealing with here in NY. The funny thing is they were not even my first choice of dealer, I tried 4 other dealers first to negotiate a group pricing contract, the other 4 all laughed at me. This dealership I worked with is probably 3rd smallest of the 5 so not a big volume or big money area.

Yep, totally understand in that form. Glad to hear there are dealership that care about the customer relationship rather than money. I have a good relationship with my local dealership but it's been a little odd with me trying to order the Bronco Raptor.

CVSJR

Golden Ticket Holder
Reaction score
Hard to figure what is right. The dealer I used told me it's my truck, doubtful they would have gotten one to sell, they don't get many Raptors. Lot's of dealers got none, hard to see how early reservation and canceled FE holders could randomly wind up at the dealers with performace allocations. I have heard of dealers outright stealing Raptors by overpricing to GT holder then just guaranteeing MSRP on the loaded Wildtrak with HOSS suspension they''ll get instead. Dealer gets two sales.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Hard to figure what is right. The dealer I used told me it's my truck, doubtful they would have gotten one to sell, they don't get many Raptors. Lot's of dealers got none, hard to see how early reservation and canceled FE holders could randomly wind up at the dealers with performace allocations. I have heard of dealers outright stealing Raptors by overpricing to GT holder then just guaranteeing MSRP on the loaded Wildtrak with HOSS suspension they''ll get instead. Dealer gets two sales.

What do you mean over pricing the GTs to get 2 sales?

CVSJR

Golden Ticket Holder
Reaction score
If the customer switches to a Raptor his original order is canceled and he gets a Raptor. If the customer declines the Raptor the dealer get's it to sell and the declining customer get's whatever they originally ordered.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
If the customer switches to a Raptor his original order is canceled and he gets a Raptor. If the customer declines the Raptor the dealer get's it to sell and the declining customer get's whatever they originally ordered.

I got ya. So the dealer get the chance for then another customer to come in and sell them the raptor due to their free allocation now.

MR88

Reaction score

Got yeah. I always wonder what the deal was. Sorry haven't been on in awhile, but you get yours in ok?

Members online

No members online now.