We all know this section will one of the active ones!

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Seeing how Jeep is able to be modified millions of ways, I can see the Bronco Raptor going this same route. Just look at FRF with all the mods, add ons, and changes the FRaptor owners are doing. Look forward on see how this all goes and what people do to their BRaptors!

raptorusmaximus

Reaction score
What frustrating is the lack of raptor specfic mods..... tons of stuff for regular bronco's that don't fit raptors. I've had to return a nerf bar, and some front armor parts because their listed as fitting the raptor but...no, they don't. soft top same thing, fords website says it will fit the raptor but after talking to best top they don't.

Iceman

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
What frustrating is the lack of raptor specfic mods..... tons of stuff for regular bronco's that don't fit raptors. I've had to return a nerf bar, and some front armor parts because their listed as fitting the raptor but...no, they don't. soft top same thing, fords website says it will fit the raptor but after talking to best top they don't.
That is frustrating. Surely the mod companies are making the adjustments, but surprisingly Ford has not

TheButcher

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Did Bestop say what the issue was with fitment? Curious what the Raptor has different that causes fitment issues. Maybe a different roller?

LuckyKnuckle36

Reaction score
I can see the bumpers being different but surprised on the top, I wonder what is different for the top for the Braptor?

raptorusmaximus

Reaction score
That was very frustrating as they said they are NOT planning on creating one for the BR. Apparently braptor has a wider cab and the current bronco version won't fit.

LuckyKnuckle36

Reaction score
Maybe something with the cross brace.
I bet you are right, additional cross brace probably the issue and perhaps that part of the hard top molded to account for it. Wouldn't be that hard as just that piece of the hard top would be different. But causes issue on a soft top solution...

raptorusmaximus

Reaction score
I bet you are right, additional cross brace probably the issue and perhaps that part of the hard top molded to account for it. Wouldn't be that hard as just that piece of the hard top would be different. But causes issue on a soft top solution...
from fords website.......

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-16 at 3.27.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-16 at 3.27.44 PM.png
    196.8 KB · Views: 87

jseptor

Reaction score
I finally got around to installing the skyrider on my bronco raptor. Minimal modification needed. You can either trim a corner off the cross brace to mount it on top of the soft top bracket (what I did), remove the cross brace, or modify the soft top bracket by cutting off the raised portion with the foam sticker (used to hold the cross bow supports without rattling when closed). The later option would've been the cleanest but would've required fabricating a new bumper pad on too of the existing cross brace. My thought was Im the only one who will see it and the corner I trimmed extended well past the existing bolt so saw no structural concerns.

I threw pictures on a b6g post last night
Bronco6g Post