The Ford Bronco Raptor Makes 418 HP with Turbo V6

2022-ford-bronco-raptor-15-1642986554.jpg

Just like the Ford F-150 Raptor, Ford’s Bronco Raptor is expected to be a lot of fun off road. Earlier this year, the company said this new Bronco variant would make at least 400 hp from its 3.0-liter turbocharged V6. Well, Ford’s boss Jim Farley took to Twitter to tell the masses that the upcoming Bronco Raptor overshot projections and will send 418 hp and 440 lb-ft of torque through the 10-speed transmission.

While the Bronco Raptor’s smaller 3.0-liter V6 is in the shadow of the 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 that powers the Ford F-150 Raptor, it does add a significant performance boost to the Bronco lineup. Currently, Ford’s Bronco is offered with a 2.3-liter turbocharged I4 that makes 300 hp and a 2.7-liter turbocharged V6 that makes 330 hp. That means the 3.0-liter V6 in the Bronco Raptor piles on nearly 90 more hp.

This powertrain does come with a penalty in fuel economy. According to figures on the EPA’s website, the Bronco Raptor makes 15 mpg combined—15 mpg in the city and 16 mpg on the highway. That’s two mpg worse than the 2.7-liter Bronco with a Sasquatch package, and five mpg worse than the entry-level Bronco. Of course, if you’re willing to pay for the extra performance, you’re probably willing to pay for the extra fuel cost.

Beyond the stout powertrain, the Bronco Raptor will see an overhauled suspension and larger diameter tires. The current Bronco Sasquatch package’s 35-inch tires are dwarfed by the Bronco Raptor’s more aggressive 37-inchers.

Nabbing one of these Bronco Raptors will be challenging, to say the least. Ford started taking orders in March, with initial offers going toward those who already have a Bronco reserved. When the Bronco Raptors start hitting dealer lots eventually, you can count on this rugged off-roader setting you back at least $70,095.

BroncoGo!

Reaction score
Man...the last time I had access to that much HP was in my Chrysler 300C SRT8!

More Power = Less MPG? Yeah, that's always been the story but it's never deterred me from buying all the HP I can get before!

I wonder how I could get a job test driving Ford's new performance vehicles. :D

AJB

Reaction score
Man...the last time I had access to that much HP was in my Chrysler 300C SRT8!

More Power = Less MPG? Yeah, that's always been the story but it's never deterred me from buying all the HP I can get before!

I wonder how I could get a job test driving Ford's new performance vehicles. :D
Engineering degree in most cases