I've officially joined the club.

MidnightSpecial

Reaction score
Picked up a 2023 Chili Pepper Red 🌶️ Raptor last night. Spent 2 generations with the F150 Raptors. Time to wheel this thing around now!

Super stoked on this thing!

PXL_20230312_011546372.jpg
PXL_20230312_022547316.jpg
PXL_20230312_163732946.jpg
PXL_20230312_163718767.jpg
PXL_20230312_163730968.jpg

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
OP
OP
MidnightSpecial

MidnightSpecial

Reaction score
Ha ha, I just pmmed you on FRF asking you to join here. Oops, I guess I should have came here and looked.

What made you trade in the GEN3 for it?
I had a 2018 F150 Raptor I traded in for a 2023 F150 Raptor back in November. I absolutely love the Gen 3 Raptor. The interior is the best in the truck world. Its just a massive mfer. It was also black which is not my #1 pick for truck colors. I recently moved to Colorado and I just dont do much truck stuff anymore. In Florida, I was always hauling kayaks, supplies for the house we were fixing up, helping friends move, etc. Im gonna have a different lifestyle out here. More getting lost in the mountains, riding on switchbacks and narrow trails, camping, etc. Plus these things are hard to come by so I'm hoping they hold value better than the F150 Raptors.

I still have a 2023 Avalanche Grey 37PP on order for MSRP haha. The black one I traded in was a customer cancellation and the dealer asked if I wanted it. So even if by some chance I don't dig the Bronco, I can always trade it in and make a dime when the truck comes in.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I had a 2018 F150 Raptor I traded in for a 2023 F150 Raptor back in November. I absolutely love the Gen 3 Raptor. The interior is the best in the truck world. Its just a massive mfer. It was also black which is not my #1 pick for truck colors. I recently moved to Colorado and I just dont do much truck stuff anymore. In Florida, I was always hauling kayaks, supplies for the house we were fixing up, helping friends move, etc. Im gonna have a different lifestyle out here. More getting lost in the mountains, riding on switchbacks and narrow trails, camping, etc. Plus these things are hard to come by so I'm hoping they hold value better than the F150 Raptors.

I still have a 2023 Avalanche Grey 37PP on order for MSRP haha. The black one I traded in was a customer cancellation and the dealer asked if I wanted it. So even if by some chance I don't dig the Bronco, I can always trade it in and make a dime when the truck comes in.

Totally understand. So when mine came in, I wasn't planning on trading in my Gen 2 for it. The one thing I could see being a major change is the interior room space. The raptor F150 has a ton of room, the Bronco, not so much. How is that going for you so far? Do you miss the room?

OP
OP
MidnightSpecial

MidnightSpecial

Reaction score
Totally understand. So when mine came in, I wasn't planning on trading in my Gen 2 for it. The one thing I could see being a major change is the interior room space. The raptor F150 has a ton of room, the Bronco, not so much. How is that going for you so far? Do you miss the room?
I do miss the room right now but the memory is still fresh. Im a pretty wide dude that frequents the gym so the shoulder touches the door haha. I will say I actually prefer the ergonomics in the Braptor. The center console height, the FAR superior shifter knob, and with the window down the door is perfect height for an elbow. It all keeps you in place. The F150 kind of tosses you around when driving spiritedly. I think the only time I'll really miss the F150 is for long trips. That thing rode like a cloud and you could just sprawl out. I much prefer the Braptor for the day to day. Its just so playful and fun to wind out. The F150 felt like its breaking the laws of physics sometimes.

I might try to find a way to swing both when the Avalanche Raptor shows up. A perfect world would be having both haha.

I'd actually like to find an allocation for a Braptor too. Im not 100% on CPR. It wasn't my 1st choice in color but it was the only Braptor within 500 miles that had the right packages and more importantly, a dealer willing to be reasonable. If the market finally chills out I might go after a 2022 Eruption Green Braptor. All I would be losing out on would the digital temp gauges.

Johnny Raptor

Reaction score

Johnny Raptor

Reaction score
I agree! Unfortunately, the Boss says she’s picking out our next Bronco and it’ll be a Robin’s Egg Blue Heritage 2 Door…. Unless she sees a yellow one and likes it better😄