Bronco Raptor Towing capacity

LuckyKnuckle36

Reaction score
Interesting that the Bronco Raptor towing capacity was beefed up to 4500lbs, 1000lbs more than the regular bronco or a wrangler

BroncoZilla

Reaction score
Interesting that the Bronco Raptor towing capacity was beefed up to 4500lbs, 1000lbs more than the regular bronco or a wrangler

I read somewhere that there was alot of owners that were wanting the Bronco(non Raptor) to have better towing capacity and it looks like Ford heard them. Glad they did beef it up I doubt if I own one, I would tow anything more then a ATV/Side by Side, if at all.

Iceman

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Smart move to increase this. Huge selling point for owners that see the value of spending more on the Raptor opposed to the regular Bronco. Crazy what 1k more towing capability can allow someone to haul.

Iceman

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Here are the Bronco Raptor Towing Specs. The Payload is pretty much the same as the Bronco, but the rest is beefed up a bit.

1643404297366.png

OP
OP
LuckyKnuckle36

LuckyKnuckle36

Reaction score
Have they said what the B Raptor is going to weigh?
5,750 lb

2022 Ford Bronco Raptor Specifications
2022 Ford Bronco Raptor Specifications
TRANSMISSION10-speed auto
CURB WEIGHT5,750 lb (mfr)
WHEELBASE116.5 in
L x W x H191.0 x 85.7 x 77.8 in

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I'm still glad on hearing they listened to their owners, wishing the normal bronco had better towing numbers, and they made that adjustment with the Bronco Raptor. Good on Ford.

jzweedyk

Reaction score
The B Raptor is a fatty. Still it is 500 pounds lighter than my Jeep. Unfortunately weight is the enemy of rock crawling, but I understand the need for a strong frame and body for desert running. Maybe if I fill the tires with helium. :cool:

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The B Raptor is a fatty. Still it is 500 pounds lighter than my Jeep. Unfortunately weight is the enemy of rock crawling, but I understand the need for a strong frame and body for desert running. Maybe if I fill the tires with helium. :cool:

If you are rock crawling and 500 lbs lighter in the Bronce Raptor, isn't that more reason to take a bronco then a jeep?

jzweedyk

Reaction score
If you are rock crawling and 500 lbs lighter in the Bronce Raptor, isn't that more reason to take a bronco then a jeep?
Probably, but the wife wants to keep the Jeep for the "dirty" work, like doors and top off, and the Bronco to stay nice, (doors on, top on) but still be able to go off road when we travel. I really don't think it will be long before we sell the Jeep, use the B Raptor for "dirty" stuff and get a 4 door badlands, with 35s and use that when we travel. Or maybe she will like the B Raptor that we will have to get another one. But obviously that will be several years away the way they are producing them.

jzweedyk

Reaction score
No, I don't think so. It is where the bottom of the frame is which should be the same relative to the axles on both.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Probably, but the wife wants to keep the Jeep for the "dirty" work, like doors and top off, and the Bronco to stay nice, (doors on, top on) but still be able to go off road when we travel. I really don't think it will be long before we sell the Jeep, use the B Raptor for "dirty" stuff and get a 4 door badlands, with 35s and use that when we travel. Or maybe she will like the B Raptor that we will have to get another one. But obviously that will be several years away the way they are producing them.

So if you get the Bronco Raptor, you keeping the F150 Raptor and Jeep? That would be exactly what I would like to do. :p