Auto Interest Rates and You BR

BAIEbrown

Reaction score
How many of you are considering passing on your BR order if the interest rates hit 5% or higher. I'm speaking to those that have to finance, and not those that have the resources to pay cash.

JOPO

Reaction score
How many of you are considering passing on your BR order if the interest rates hit 5% or higher. I'm speaking to those that have to finance, and not those that have the resources to pay cash.
Yes I’m watching the rates closely and this has honestly been on my mind. Curious to see what others are thinking or any ideas? The times were living in. They better get these Raptors out the rates are just going up.

Last edited:

Nikomahs

Golden Ticket Holder
Reaction score
it would be financially irresponsible for me to keep wanting the vehicle at those interest rates but im also on the "dont care buying anyway" train because i waited this long, i already changed my order and cant go back now. i think about this stuff everyday and crunch new numbers everyday, its amazing just how much shit we gotta go through for a damn vehicle. once it finally gets here im sure itll be fine and whatever but until then....what a dragged out nightmare.

raptorusmaximus

Reaction score
fords delays only hurt their customers, dealers don't care, someone will buy it at what ever price..... who knows when I'll actually see my order, interest rates could be 7 or 8 % by the end of the year. even putting 20k down leaves a payment of 1200, I'm not sure I want to do that in an uncertain economy. If it came today I'd say damm the torpedoes and just go for it, but in another 4-6 months?? (I don't even have a vin) Hmm...not so sure.

OP
OP
B

BAIEbrown

Reaction score
I'm in the same camp. I was certain I would buy it, but it is a want, not a need. It does feel irresponsible to buy it if the rates are 7 or 8%. No way I am paying over MSRP. My dealer said he wouldn't sell it to me over MSRP, but it still may not be enough to go through with it.

Iceman

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I'm in the same camp. I was certain I would buy it, but it is a want, not a need. It does feel irresponsible to buy it if the rates are 7 or 8%. No way I am paying over MSRP. My dealer said he wouldn't sell it to me over MSRP, but it still may not be enough to go through with it.
Been thinking the same thing. Even with great credit, 6%+ doesn’t seem like something that makes sense to me

raptorusmaximus

Reaction score
The odd thing is ford latest advertising campaign "orders come first" and offering incentives for SUV orders..... whats with that? they can't even build the orders they have.

LuckyKnuckle36

Reaction score
Interest rate not the issue for me, ADM is the deal breaker in my mind so guess never seeing one...

Reaction score
By the time we get build dates the rates might be back down to zero and we will enjoy our 2028 Bronco Electric Raptors. FML..

CRC

Reaction score
I would buy it and resale for profit if you get a MSRP deal for sure . Don’t get screwed twice and let dealer reap the benefits . I just Paid a pretty high ADM for the one I will get . I would definitely think on it .

jzweedyk

Reaction score
Paying cash. Don't like where we are, and where we are going as a country, but if people cancel because of interest rate and gas prices, I might actually get a Braptor. Don't hate me, I worked hard to get where I am.